Monday, May 3, 2010

Idle hands are the devil's workshop, I always say!

Lately I feel spiritually ill. Fortunately, I know the cure, so I'm going to put that to use starting RIGHT NOW and I'll be all better. Well, not all better, but good enough until I die and go to heaven.

Today I played basketball until like 1 and now I'm sore but refreshed. Kind of like keeping up in your spiritual walk. Allow me to explain - I don't know why but sometimes I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to vegetate and be lazy and waste time on my computer or watch tv shows or something. I don't feel like reading, I don't feel like praying, I don't feel like meeting up with people to fellowship, etc. But when I fight my flesh and force myself to do those things, I always end up feeling refreshed and renewed. Same with basketball(or any physical activity at all, for that matter) - if you've been sitting on your butt for a while, you usually don't feel especially motivated to burn more than 68 calories per hour (the average amount of calories you burn by sitting there doing nothing). But if your force yourself to exercise, it's gonna be tiring and strenuous and you'll most likely feel sore during and maybe even afterwards - but you feel refreshed at the same time. I was just reminded of this because I was talking to Rak about it today too.

But then again, maybe it's because I just got out of the shower and I feel so fresh and so clean clean.

Anyways, we should all exercise. Physically and spiritually. Let's get spiritual! Spiritual! (replace with physical, or ethical, if you're an office fan)

I wonder how many people really understand 100% of my entries hahaha

3 comments:

  1. Haha. I'm a 68 calories per hour kind of guy! jk.

    I find this to be true for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoot i think i burn 68 calories an hour at work.
    but yes - physical and spiritual work out! let's get it on!

    ReplyDelete