Monday, May 11, 2009

a strong love. THE strong love.

It has recently come to my attention that I worry and fret about small things that I shouldn't stress about. Not to say that they're meaningless things, but just that they are things that I should not worry myself to the point that I lose sight of what I'm called to do and be. To tell you the truth, the aforementioned matters are quite important. BUT, in the process of being such a whiny worrywart, I forget that the more I try to foolishly take control of my life, the more I make a mess of things and muddle up what God originally had planned for me.

While I try to commandeer the vessel that is my life, I overthink, I stress, and I dig myself into a hole that the most skilled climber could scarcely climb out of. -_- Tis a slippery slope, to overthink things. I have a bad habit of doing that - of playing out scenarios in my mind; of batting around what ifs, couldas, wouldas, and shouldas around in my head like a kitten with a ball of string. This usually continues until I'm so lost that I don't know what to do with myself. What a fool, no? Haha.

So anyways, I was reminded last night that sometimes, I have to remember to let go and LET GOD. He's gonna work His plan out to work out for me, because He's got my back and He's infinitely smarter than dumb old me. (I wonder how long it's gonna take for me to actually learn my lesson and not make the same mistake again.)

And God is faithful. I guess He really wanted to remind me. :) Today, on the way to work, I was listening to my iPod. The song Your Love is Strong by Jon Foreman(lead singer of Switchfoot) began playing. It's a really beautiful song, if you haven't heard it before. But then again, a song is just a song at first. It only becomes truly beautiful when the listener actually has a personal connection with the song and when it evokes meaningful emotions in said listener. But I digress. As I listened to the song, it served as a strong reminder to how great our God truly is. And it stabbed me through the heart. Oh, ye of little faith!

Here are the lyrics to the song.(I think they're right) I recently discovered Jon Foreman's solo stuff. It is awesome.


Jon Foreman - Your Love is Strong

Heavenly Father, you always amaze me
Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life
Give me the food I need to live through today
And forgive me as I forgive the people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window the birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune or out of place
I walk to the meadow and stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day

So why should I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

The kingdom of the heavens, is now advancing
Invade my heart, invade this broken town
The kingdom of the heavens, is buried treasure
Will you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?

Two things you told me
That you are strong
And you love me
Yes you love me

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

Our God in heaven
Hallowed be
Thy name above all names
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us weary sinners
Keep us far away from our vices
And deliver us from these prisons

enough said. :)

1 comment: