Saturday, August 22, 2009

God wanted to have a conversation.

So as I was driving up from San Diego to Pomona, I think God wanted to talk. My mind was set on other things, and as I put my ipod on shuffle, ready to listen to some music as I drove, I started to just relax and let my mind wander. But God had other plans. For some reason, I felt Him nudging me.

"Let's have a chat, shall we? You and me."

Alright, God. You're the boss. I started to pray.(I used to do this thing when I prayed on the road where I'd actually close my eyes, periodically opening them just to check the road. I was told multiple times that this was foolish and dangerous, so since then when I pray while driving I just keep my eyes open haha) As I prayed, God reminded me of how truly amazing and great He is; how beautiful, how glorious, how strong, how perfect. He reminded me that I need to trust in Him.

"God, why don't I have peace? Why is my heart still so far from your rest?"

Almost instantaneously, "You have not because you ask not."

So I asked. I begged. I implored. I brought everything on my heart to Him. And I was heard. And I was disciplined. And I was rebuked.

I was reminded - God was, is, and will be perfect. WE messed up. I messed up. So I prayed.
::Forgive me, Lord. Save me from myself.
Oh, wretched eyes that transform beauty to wickedness.
Sinful and lazy hands that smear dirt on pristine walls.
Unworthy feet that trample on pure, perfect, rose blossoms
Transform me, God, to remember,
that I am not my own, but I belong to YOU::

FML. No, not F my life. Forgive me, Lord. ( Clever, no? I got it from some random guy's facebook :D )

But God is good. Because I was heard before I even uttered a syllable - and forgiven before I was even conceived.

4 comments: